4.29.2014

Baby Gill #2 - 16 Weeks


How far along?
16 weeks

Maternity clothes?
I've been wearing maternity pants for about a week now. Some of my normal jeans still fit me with the hairtie around the button trick, but they're not very comfortable anymore. I still need to replenish my maternity pants supply because I'm a bit thinner this time around than I was with Marleigh. Win for me, lose for the budget!

I've also been really into pants that look like pajama pants lately, and I'm really glad these are trendy right now because they are super comfy and I love them. A lot. My husband loves them too - right babe? ;)

Also -- PSA for all pregnant women: the Loft brought back their maternity clothes online and the work-appropriate clothes are amazing! I just got a pair of ankle-zip black pants and I basically want to live in them, they're so wonderful. You're welcome!

Sleep:
Really well, although sometimes my sciatica makes it difficult to get comfortable at the end of a busy day. The middle of the night bathroom visits have been more frequent lately too, but that's nothing I wasn't expecting!

Best moment this week:
I was able to enjoy a shopping day with my sister, Marleigh, and my mom on Sunday while Luke and my dad went golfing. It was a much-needed girls' day and Marleigh was (as always) such a good girl while we shopped. She makes me so proud :) I love my family so much.

Miss Anything?
I could really go for a giant Diet Coke.

Movement:
Feeling more frequent movement in there the past couple days! It's still hard to tell if it's actual baby wiggles or just my mind imagining them, but hopefully soon they will be more noticeable! 

Food cravings:
Nothing to note this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick:
No, finally. I've started to wean myself off of the Zofran the doctor prescribed me after that nice little hospital/IV episode, which I'm grateful for. I didn't take my medicine at all yesterday and managed to stay away from the porcelain throne all day. Trying to resist taking it this morning so we'll see how it goes. Baby steps!

Gender:
Little man :)

Labor Signs:
No!

Symptoms:
Sciatica, still. Thankfully it's not constant and some days are much better than others. Other than that, I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Belly Button in or out?
In.

Wedding rings on or off?
On.

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy :) 

Looking forward to:
Hearing Huck's heartbeat! I'm also really looking forward to this weekend. We have no plans Friday or Saturday (which is rare) and I think we're planning a living room camp-out complete with take-out and movies at least one of those nights. Then on Sunday, my mom and sister and I are going to see Beauty & the Beast at Shea's! Hurry up, Friday at 5:00!



Just for fun - click here for my 16 week update from Marleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment