7.21.2014

Baby Gill # 2 - 28 Weeks

Snapped this photo quick before we ran out the door to go camping this past weekend, hence the tomboy look.

How far along?
28 weeks

Maternity clothes?
Yes. Is it bad that I'm already so sick of the clothes I have? With 12 weeks to go, I better start coming up with some more unique ways to wear my staples!

Sleep:
Not too bad, although I have been waking up a bit more often during the night lately with either heartburn, night sweats, or a sore lower back.

Best moment this week:
Renting a couple Redbox movies this past Sunday and having a mini at-home movie date night with Luke after we put Marleigh to bed. Hopefully we can actually leave the house for a date sometime soon, but a night together watching something other than episodes of The Office on Netflix was a start!

Miss Anything?
Getting tan in the summer rather than turning into a lobster. Pregnancy hormones do the weirdest things to the body. I'm currently still paying for a sunburn I got on our camping trip, complete with peeling, itchy skin.  For someone who never burns unless I'm pregnant, it's not really my cup of tea.

Movement:
"Henny" (as Marleigh calls him) and I have been enjoying our fair share of hide and seek games lately - he'll move in my belly, I'll lightly poke or press where he is, and he'll kick my hand back. It provides me with entertainment often! I love feeling his wiggles.

Food cravings:
Nothing too strong. Sweets and ice cream. Also, the weather has been relatively cool the past two days (high 60s-low 70s) and it's been making me really yearn for a nice big mug of hot apple cider!

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope! I even survived my glucose test this morning without having to use the nice little throw up garbage can they put in the waiting room. Success!

Gender:
Boy

Labor Signs:
Nadda.

Symptoms:
I've been noticing my face getting puffier lately around my cheeks, and my back still hurts from time to time. Heartburn has been creeping up on me pretty good right around bed time lately, but Tums seem to do the trick for now. Nothing too much to complain about!

Belly Button in or out?
It can't really seem to make up it's mind lately. It's more of a "half-ie" than an innie or an outie these days.

Wedding rings on or off?
Still on, still with room to spare!

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy, but a bit more sensitive than normal. Sometimes it seems like my eyes start crying about stupid little things on their own without me even feeling sad. I'm not really sure what that's all about. Blame all the things on hormones, shall we?

Looking forward to:
Camping (again) this weekend and getting the nursery prints and bedding in the mail that we ordered last weekend! I can't wait to start decorating the kids' shared space. It was one of my favorite things to do for Marleigh when I was pregnant with her, and I'm hoping that it will be just as much of a bonding experience for me with Huck this time around!


Speaking of my face getting puffy.... Marleigh & Me at 28 weeks. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment