7.11.2014

Adirondack Adventures

"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough"


For the last 7 days, I was surrounded by family, trees, a beautiful lake, and the Adirondack mountains. For 7 days, I had no cell phone service, no internet, no running water, no electricity, and no worries.

I looked at my cell phone a total of maybe four times - only to check and see what time it was. I was away from it all and taking it all in with the two (three, counting Huck) people who mean the most to me.

We took walks, played in the sand, explored on the canoe, played games, took family naps, and - most of all - enjoyed a slower pace together. It was like a little slice of heaven on earth, and we made memories that I, for one, will never forget. Like the look on Marliegh's face or the sound of her giggles when we fed ducks ("gucks") right out of our hands, and watching her independence grow while she raced up and down the hill at our campsite.


We left the mountains yesterday and rolled into our driveway at around dinner time last night. And while I will admit that it was nice to take a shower longer than 90 seconds and fall asleep in our own bed, a big part of me is feeling homesick for the sweet smells of mountain air and the simplicity of living "off the grid." 

Overall, though, I'm feeling refreshed and relaxed and so incredibly blessed to be able to do life with my husband and our babies - no matter where we roam!


Until next time, ADK...

No comments:

Post a Comment