6.15.2014

Happy Father's Day

Today is a day to celebrate the dads, and boy do I have some amazing men to celebrate!


To my daddy: My all-time biggest fan, my life coach, and the biggest teddy bear I know. Thank you for all the times you left work early to catch even just a minute of my basketball/field hockey games; for picking me up when I fell off my bike on Park Street and carrying me to the car when the creepy, dirty old man offered me peroxide; for all the games of P.I.G and H.O.R.S.E and Around the World we played in our driveway; for showing me what it means to be selfless and kind and loving; for all of the times you stood your ground when I was out of line and teaching me valuable life lessons; for showing me how a man should treat a woman; for showing me what a strong and loving man truly looks like. I am so proud to call myself your daughter, and I am even more proud to see the bond that you have with my little girl. I count my blessings every day that I get to have you as a daddy! I love you!


To my husband: I watched you fall into the role of fatherhood so effortlessly on that early September morning, and every day since, you have continued to amaze me with how wonderful you are as a daddy. I always knew you were an amazing man, but I never truly knew how much my love and appreciation for you would grow until we welcomed Marleigh into the world. You are the giver of tickles, the designated wrestler, the only one who can make Marleigh belly laugh the way you do, the one she prefers to snuggle close to in the mornings when she crawls into our bed, and without a doubt our little girl's first love. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to watch your bond together grow, and I cannot wait to see how your relationship with Henry is. I know you will always be the best example to our babies, and for that I am thankful each and every day. We love you, daddy!

 A little video I made up for Luke's Father's Day gift this year. You better believe I was a giant puddle of pregnancy emotions the entire time I was putting this together. Get your tissues ready!


Father's Day 2014 from Samantha Gill on Vimeo.


Also...happy Father's Day to my wonderful father in laws, my Papa Dan, and all of the other men who are celebrating today! You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment