6.11.2014

Lately



I was looking through my blog today and realized it has officially been overtaken by baby bump updates. Believe it or not, we have been doing more than just sitting around watching my waistline expand! Things around here have been uneventful for the most part, but in that weird sort of way that makes it seem like you've been so busy. I'm not sure if anyone will understand what I'm talking about, but just go with it, k?

In the past few weeks, we've gone on two camping trips (with another one coming up this weekend!), worked (Luke has worked 10 days out of the last 11. Poor guy), taken Marleigh to a day at a dairy farm, celebrated my peonies finally blossoming, and have been trying to soak up a few minutes of family time when we can get it (did I mention how much Luke has been working lately!?).

A few things of note from the past week-ish:

Marleigh now knows all the words to "You are my sunshine," which she makes us sing to her every day before her nap and at least once before bed time. She usually joins in and her rendition is the best one I've ever heard. She also knows her ABCs, the Barney song (I love you, you love me...), Thumbkin, Ring Around the Rosie, and Hush Little Baby (the first couple lines, always replacing "mama" with "papa"), to name a few. She also puts on a mean performance of this one, which is the probably one of the most adorable things you've ever seen.

Huck has been dancing up a storm in my belly lately! His kicks and squirms are starting to become visible while I'm sitting down,which is the creepiest/coolest thing to experience. I forgot how much pregnancy feels sometimes like an out of body experience. Seeing as Henry will probably be our last "Baby Gill," I've really been trying to freeze these moments in my mind.

Luke has been working on a side job last weekend and this week installing a hardwood and tile floor. I'm always amazed at how talented my husband is, and I can't wait to put him to work doing some fun projects for Huck & Marleigh's soon to be shared bedroom while he's off work this summer! (Don't act like you're not excited, babe!) 

Some of our best friends welcomed their sweet baby boy into the world last week and we finally got a chance to go over to meet him last night. Evan is the cutest little man and gave me serious baby fever! We're all so excited to watch him and Huck grow up together and become best buds (whether they like it or not)! 

Other than those few highlights, there's not much to note around these parts. Marleigh has been keeping me on my toes and making me laugh uncontrollably from her goofiness on a daily basis. She's also been making me want to rip my hair out with her attitude and toddler-ness, but that's a whooole  other post for another day! I guess I can't blame the kid too much for being stubborn and a little bit defiant with a bad temper. The apple didn't fall far from the tree! ;)



Keep up with me on Instagram for more up-to-date happenings: @sj_gill
and don't forget to check the #gillsgocamping hashtag for our latest adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment