12.12.2013

Craft all the Things


For a while now, I've been pinning tutorials and eyeing up etsy shops and Instagram sellers fortunate enough to have their own small businesses specializing in crafts. One craft in particular peaked my interest: baby hair accessories. 

When Marleigh was a newborn, I put headbands on her every day. She was born with a full head of hair, but it was still so baby fine that clips wouldn't stay in. She looked so darn cute in those tiny flowered headbands. And then one day, she refused to wear them anymore. The second I placed one around her head, she'd yank it off at turbo speed... usually hurting herself in the process by having the elastic snap back onto her face. 

Luckily, around the same time she stopped wearing the headbands, her hair starting getting thick enough to use clips in it. And a few blinks of the eye later, her hair was long enough to put a ponytail in (aka palm tree), and the clips looked even cuter attached to that precious sprout of hair on top of her head! The only problem was... I could never find any hairbows that I really loved. They were either too plain, too small, too big, or cheaply made. 

A couple weeks ago, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Off to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, and even WalMart I went... scouring the aisles for ribbons and clips and grabbing hot glue stick refills to start on my journey towards hairbow making. 

An evening of tutorial watching, ten freshly burnt and blistered fingers, and a few trial and errors later, I had perfected my new bow-making skills. I quickly took to Instagram (because duh) to show off my prized creations, and within the same night, I already had two people showing serious interest in purchasing them for their littles!





Since then, I have sold my creations at a jewelry party, taken 3 separate orders for 11 total pieces, and I've been busy searching for the best ribbons and felt accessories to purchase to add to my offerings!

I'm so excited about this new little endeavor! It's a great way to keep my creative juices flowing while making a little bit of "fun money" on the side - not to mention, the new bow clips I'm making look extra adorable atop MJ's precious little head!


To take a look at what else I've been up to, or for pricing or ordering information, please "Like" my Facebook Page:
Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment