1.02.2013

A new theme for 2013

Every year, I make a resolution to lose weight, read more, write more, etc. etc. And every year, I break it. So to stray from that tradition, I'm going to start a new one. Instead of making goals for myself that I probably won't reach (although I AM going to lose this baby weight), this year, I decided to choose a theme. One simple word that I hope will guide me in 2013.

Literal Growth.
It's no secret that time seems to fly by once you become a parent. This year, Marleigh will undoubtedly grow fast, and I can't wait to watch her conquer new milestones and experience new things. 2013 will be the year of her first time sleeping in her crib (tear), her first tooth, her first time rolling over, her first time crawling, her first words, her first birthday, and much more. Even though I wish she could stay a growling little baby forever, I am so excited to watch her develop her little personality and grow like a weed right before our eyes!

Spiritual Growth.
This is something that I have been trying to work on, New Year or not. In 2013, I hope to grow my faith in God and continue to place my trust in Him in all ways possible. God has blessed me with so much already in my short life, and growing my relationship with Him is the least I can do. I am really going to try to put my focus on His word and His plans as I make my way through this new year (and beyond).

Relationship Growth.
Since becoming a mommy, I have fallen into the habit of putting my personal relationships on the back burner. I think it's a common thing to have happen, and my little girl will always be my first priority, but I need to commit myself to nurturing the other relationships in my life as well. The most important of which is my relationship with my husband. I hope that I can be a better wife in 2013 – making more homemade meals, having more deep conversations, and spending more one on one time together. I also hope that I can become a better friend, a better daughter, and a better sister.

Career Growth.
At the ripe age of 23, I hope that I will experience growth professionally in the coming year. I plan on making positive career decisions and breaking out of my comfort zone in any way I can in order to get to where I want to be in the long run.

Financial Growth.
More saving, less spending. Luke and I have gotten off to a solid start in preparing for our future – saving any time we can, while still being able to buy and do the things we want (in moderation). This year, I want to try my best to save money where I can and stop spending so much on frivolous things. I want to continue to save money for Marleigh's college fund, and continue building up our bank account to save for the purchase of our future home.

Creative Growth.
This past December, I started my own Etsy shop. For Christmas, I was given a sewing machine. In 2013, I hope to learn how to sew and tap into my creative juices to build my Etsy business. This will give me a good excuse to take a time out and create, as well as a way to hopefully provide a little extra income on the side.



So...that's that. No lofty resolutions. No unrealistic goals.
Just one word, and a few different aspects of my life that I hope to grow in 2013.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment