6.19.2012

Five Years







Five years ago on this exact day, my husband asked me to be his girlfriend, and I (obviously) said yes. Before that, we had a long 7 year history of friendship, a short period of frustration, lots of flirtation, a first kiss, a first real kiss, and many, many instances of giddy butterflies.

Five years ago, we were getting ready to graduate high school, completely unsure of what our futures would hold individually, let alone together. We made our way through a wonderful summer – growing our relationship, laughing together, and spending every second we could by each other's side.

Five years ago, I never would have imagined that the handsome blue-eyed boy that I had known since I was 9 would someday become my husband, my best friend, and the soon-to-be father to our beautiful daughter. I never would have guessed that we would be happier now than we were in that first summer together – that our love and friendship could grow even more every day – that I would wake up every morning in our home to his kisses and fall asleep every night in his arms.  

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

For my Luke…

Five years ago, I had no idea where my path would lead me, and I am eternally grateful and blessed that it led me to you. Thank you for being patient with me through all those years of my blindness. Thank you for showing me unconditional love. Thank you for bringing out the best in me and making me who I am today. Thank you for being my soul mate, my best friend, and my husband. And thank you for this amazing new life that we are about to bring into this world together.

Five years ago, I had no idea I could ever be this happy. I can’t wait to spend a lifetime more with you. 

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment