9.02.2014

Two.

Two years ago, I began the most incredible journey of my life as a mother. The second I laid eyes on our beautiful baby girl with dark hair and big blue eyes, I knew I had discovered my true purpose. Despite days of sleeplessness and being well past the point of exhaustion, Luke and I stayed up almost all day staring at her perfect little face and studying her features - taking in every second of the first moments of her life.

Two years later, I still catch myself staring at her in amazement. That tiny baby we created is now a toddler, beautiful inside and out. The depths of my love for her have only grown deeper as time has passed, my heart growing a little more in size each and every day as we watch her learn, develop, and discover new things.

Since becoming a mother on that beautiful Monday morning in September two years ago, I have slept a little less, smiled bigger, cried harder, laughed louder, and learned more about myself and life than I could have ever imagined. 

I knew that being Marleigh's mommy was the best thing that ever happened to me, but I didn't know exactly how much I could love until Labor Day 2012 at 4:23 AM when we welcomed her into our world.

At two years old, Marleigh:
- knows her ABCs
- counts to 12
- is a puzzle pro
- almost knows how to spell her name ("M, R, G, H! Spells Mah-ee!")
- knows her full name and her birthday
- says "I love you, too!" 
- speaks in full-blown sentences
- loves to dance
- knows more songs on the radio than we do (Her current favorites: I'm So Fancy, All About That Bass, All Of Me, Happy, Stay With Me, and anything by Bruno "Noo-no" Mars)

Our favorite Marleigh-isms:
- "You kiddin' me!?" / "C'mon people!" (when we pass people/accelerate or stop abruptly in the car)
- "How 'bout Mah-ee do it?"
- "Problyyy..."
- "I just yook with my eyes!"
- "Two minutes" / "Just a yiiittle bit" (when she wants to touch the computer or play with my phone)
- "Two hours" (when asked how long her nap was, every time)
- "Sunshine" / "Sunshine and tickle tickles" (when we ask her what she dreams about)
- "Mermehhh" (how she says mommy in her silly voice)
- "Oooh! Yook daddy has!" 


Happy second birthday, Marleigh Jo! I love you more than life itself and I am so proud of you every single day. You make my world a brighter place and I can't wait to continue to watch you grow. I am so blessed to be able to call you my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment