5.10.2014

For my Mom(my)


I don't really need a special day to remember how much I love and appreciate having you as a mother, but since there is a day all about celebrating moms, I thought this would be a good time to remind you!

I never truly understood or appreciated just how much you loved me and how much you did for me until I became a mother myself. Even in those early days of motherhood, I couldn't really imagine the struggles, the tears, the laughs, and the love a mother shares with her daughter until I had a daughter to share in it myself. 

Thank you for being the best example of a supportive, nurturing, loving, caring, fun mommy. And thank you for showing patience with me when I was little and "naughty." I know that the apple didn't fall far from the tree with Marleigh's big personality, so thank you for showing that patience all over again with my own "mini me!" I know it's not always easy to do. 

I hope you never underestimate how much I truly love and appreciate you and everything you do for me, and for Marleigh, and soon - for Huck! 

I am so thankful every day that you are so much more to me than my mother. You are one of my very best friends, one of the only people I can rely on for anything and everything, and the best Mimi to our little girl. I cannot thank you enough for all that you do for us.

Happy Mother's Day, mommy! We love you more than you will ever know!



Also -- here's a big "Happy Mother's Day" to all you mommies out there, especially to my two wonderful mothers-in-law and Grandma Gill! I am so blessed to have you all in my life.

And extra big, extra special Mother's Day wishes are being sent up to Heaven this weekend for my Mama and Grandma Jan. I wish more than anything you could be here to celebrate. I love and miss you every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment