5.13.2014

Baby Gill #2 - 18 weeks


How far along?
18 weeks

Maternity clothes?
Working my way back into my maternity wardrobe. The weather is getting warmer (finally!) but I'm already developing a love/hate relationship with the heat of the sun. I wore my first maxi dress the other day running errands with MJ and I'm not going to lie and say I didn't cringe when I put it on. I definitely want to try to get away from the all-maxi-skirts-all-the-time maternity "style" I had the first time around!

Sleep:
No major complaints in the sleep department, besides the fact that there is never, ever enough of it!

Best moment this week:
Celebrating Mother's Day with my family yesterday - a few garage sales, great company, good food, and lots of doing absolutely nothing. Right up my alley!

Miss Anything?
Sangria ;)

Movement:
Huck is making himself known more often lately. It's still not all day every day, but I notice his wiggles every now and then and each time, I am reminded of how amazing it is.

Food cravings:
It doesn't really matter what it is... just give me a lot of it! My appetite has been on the rise lately, which I guess is a good thing, since I couldn't bring myself to eat much of anything during that wonderful first trimester!

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Mornings (still). Starting this week by taking the zofran every other day, skipping on my days "off." Hopefully it will work so I can wean myself off of it.

Gender:
Little man :)

Labor Signs:
No!

Symptoms:
Sensitive skin. I forgot how easily I get sunburned when I get pregnant. I usually tan really easily in the sun, but for whatever reason, my pregnant hormones bring out my Irish side and just a few minutes in the sun produces burnt skin and freckles on my face. Not my favorite!

Belly Button in or out?
In.

Wedding rings on or off?
On.

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy!

Looking forward to:
A mini stay-cation and Mother's Day/Father's Day celebration with Luke this weekend. We booked a hotel room in Niagara Falls and we're planning on doing absolutely nothing productive for an entire day and night. And sleeping in on Sunday (if my body even knows how to do that anymore)! I'm already missing Marleigh thinking about being away from her, but it is going to be a much needed 24 hours of R&R for mommy and daddy.


Just for fun - click here for my 18 week update from Marleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment