4.08.2014

Marleigh at 19 months


Oh, this little girl! I took this picture of her at 18 months and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Remember the first bear photos? I feel like it was just yesterday that my little girl was so, well, little. 

At 19 months, Marleigh is talking up a storm. She knows well over 50 words and is stringing them together into complete thoughts these days, which is amazing to me. She is never lacking in energy (or personality, if you couldn't tell by the above picture!) and she keeps us on our toes every minute, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

She is sleeping really well lately - from around 8:15 until 6:30 most nights, which is fantastic!

She loves Baby Einsteins ("Baby eing-geyns"), Elmo, and Barney, but prefers to watch it on our phones rather than the TV. She eats raisins like it's her job and gets so excited when she gets to have fruit snacks -- picking them out one by one and telling us every color before she eats it. Speaking of which, she knows all of her colors: red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, and brown; and some of her shapes: circle, square, and triangle. We think she's the smartest kid ever, obviously ;) 

Marleigh also knows more songs on the radio than I do. Her favorites right now are "Happy," "Let Her Go," "Say Something," and "I'm the Man," although she knows at least 5 more than that. It's so funny listening to her sing and actually say the words along with them!

We have been dealing with some toddler tantrums lately and MJ has gotten pretty accustomed to the time out corner! It seems to be pretty effective so far, but her little meltdowns definitely have us a little worried about what's to come when she really hits the terrible twos! 

Overall, I am just so proud of our little girl. Her face lights up my day every day and I swear she really is like my best friend. I am so lucky to be able to call her mine. Besides the snuggly, squishy  newborn stage, this stage is definitely my favorite so far. I can't wait to see all the fun we have in store for us this spring and summer (if spring and summer ever really come, that is)!




I love you with my whole heart and soul, Marleigh Jo. "Thiiiiiis much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment