2.05.2013

Baby Weight Update

My big plans to start exercising more have, not shockingly, fallen through. I've noticed that it's really hard to be motivated to work out after work when every spare minute from the time I walk in the door at 6:00 until the time we get Marleigh to sleep at 8:00 is full. Making dinner, feeding Marleigh dinner, cleaning up after dinner, giving Marleigh a bath, giving her a bottle, and rocking her to sleep means I literally don't change out of my work clothes some nights until 8:15. By the time I have a second to even think about working out, my brain is tired and the couch and reruns of The Office on Netflix sound so, so much more appealing.

Despite not working out, I have finally reached my first weight loss goal! This past weekend, I couldn't find my trusty jeggings when we were leaving the house to go run errands, so out of an act of desperation, I reached for my pre-baby jeans hidden away at the top of my closet. I pulled them on and, somewhat to my amazement, they fit! Hallelujah! 

The next day, we went to my in-laws' house to watch the Superbowl and eat a ridiculous amount of grossly delicious fatty foods (nachos con queso are my weakness), and I reluctantly stepped on the bathroom scale in the middle of said snacking. I could have squealed when I looked down and realized that I was FINALLY under my first goal number (not to be shared here because it's seriously embarrassing). But... yay! Baby steps, people! I'm getting there.

This morning, I put on a pair of my pre-baby work pants that haven't fit me since I was about 12 weeks pregnant and definitely didn't fit me when I first got back to work after my maternity leave. The gap between the button and button hole a couple months ago was about 5-6 inches apart. Not even exaggerating. This morning? THEY BUTTONED. Still a little bit snug around the waist, so I hung them back up for the time being, but still... they buttoned!

Progress is the best form of motivation.
So far, I'm down a total of 5.6 pounds since I've been actively trying to eat better.

But hese small milestones give me hope that I will lose this baby weight, and I will be back to the old me and feeling good about myself!

And, since I'm less than two weeks away from leaving my 9-5 job, I'm going to have plenty more time to get back on the workout train soon. 


Next goal: to not be mistaken for a beached whale when we go to Myrtle Beach in April ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment