8.23.2012

39 weeks!


How far along?
39 weeks and feeling it…!

Maternity clothes?
Strictly. Even the maternity clothes hardly fit my belly anymore. I’m ready to get the old me back!

Sleep:
Hit or miss. Usually miss. I’ve been getting really uncomfortable lately with lots of lower back pain on top of having to go to the bathroom every 3-4 hours. And getting in and out of bed these days is more difficult than ever before!

Best moment this week:
Having Luke surprise me with a spontaneous dinner picnic on the beach with take out Chinese food, followed by a nice walk along the water. Trying like crazy to get Marleigh to swim toward the light!

Miss Anything?
My old clothes, my old body, non-swollen feet and visible ankles, shaving my legs without having to set aside 40 minutes of time to do so, and so on.

Movement:
Mainly just squirms and baby hiccups these days. I can’t imagine it’s too comfy in there anymore!

Food cravings:
Caramel Frappes from McDonalds. So bad, but oh so good. It’s been my little indulgence this week. Because heck… I’m 39 weeks pregnant, I’ve grown a human, and I deserve it! 

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Heartburn every so often. It’s been gone for the past couple of days, but I’m sure that in saying that, it will return with a vengeance tonight! 

Gender:
Girl =)

Labor Signs:
NONE. In the words of my doctor, "Baby is having a damn blast in there!” Apparently I’ve made it a little bit too homey in my belly for her to want to come out, but we’re hoping she changes her mind soon! I really don’t want to go past my due date next week! 

Symptoms:
Besides the swelling, back aches, pelvic pain/pressure, and exhaustion, my stomach is so itchy lately that I literally feel like a crazy person. I have tried almost everything there is to try, and every combination of lotions and creams and body butters, with no luck. I even had to sleep with a cold washcloth on my belly the other night because the itchiness was just too unbearable and I couldn’t sleep! It’s probably the worst symptom I’ve experienced thus far. Just hoping and praying MJ comes soon so it will go away! 

Belly Button in or out?
Top is out, bottom is in. It’s a sight to see. 

Wedding rings on or off?
Off and I miss them terribly! 

Happy or Moody most of the time:
I still feel generally happy, but I’ve been coming down with a case of the weepies a little bit this week. I am not a patient person, and this waiting game is truly a test for me. Despite it all, when Marleigh squirms around in there, it makes me smile and reminds me that it will all be worth it in the end when I have our precious girl in my arms! Trusting in God’s timing and knowing that she will come out when she’s ready – and keeping my fingers crossed that it’s soon! 

Looking forward to:
Marleigh’s birthday! Every day, I wake up wondering if today will be the day I become a mommy! We’re ready for you, little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment