8.02.2012

36 weeks & going strong...ish!


How far along?
36 weeks!

Maternity clothes?
Yes, and so ready to get back to my old clothes! I have approximately 4 shirts that will still fit over my bump, and once Marleigh is born, I never want to look at another maxi dress again!

Sleep:
Pretty good so far this week, although I can plan on being awake at least twice in the middle of the night for one of two reasons: baby kicks to the ribs, or baby bouncing on the bladder!

Best moment this week:
Turning my desk calendar to August – happy birthday month, baby girl! Also, going to the doctor this week for my first weekly visit. Hearing that perfect little heartbeat is the best thing ever. AND, the doctor says he thinks she's head-down in there, which is great news! (Although Luke & I are still convinced she's laying diagonally).

Miss Anything?
I miss not being sore constantly. My back, ribs, and pelvis are in rough shape these days!

Movement:
Still as active as ever! Lots of rolling around in there, and I’ve noticed a couple cases of baby hiccups this week, which is weird and adorable at the same time.

Food cravings:
Chili cheese fries. Most random thing ever. Also, earlier this week I had a craving for Hawaiian Punch and Rice Krispy treats. Apparently, pregnancy gives me the eating habits of an obese 7 year old.

Anything making you queasy or sick:
No.

Gender:
Girl!

Labor Signs:
Marleigh has seriously dropped in there, and the shape of my belly has completely changed over the last week or so. I've also been experiencing some decently painful cramps for a couple days – hopefully that means she's getting ready to come out soon!

Symptoms:
Just the same ol’. Swelling, sore, achey, and tired. 

Belly Button in or out?
Out-ish.

Wedding rings on or off?
Off, and I don't like it!

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy, although I’ve had a couple of moody episodes this week. I’m just getting so anxious to meet this little peanut that’s been growing inside of me for so long, and I’m ready to get back to feeling like my old, non-pregnant self (whatever that feels like)!

Looking forward to:
SHARK WEEK in 11 days, and obviously most importantly, meeting Marleigh Jo! My family has been estimating when she’ll arrive, and everyone is guessing she’ll come early. Luke thinks she’ll come exactly a week early (August 21), my dad is guessing August 26th, and my mom is guessing 10 days early (August 18). Any of the above would be absolutely fine by me! The countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment