7.13.2012

Nearing the End – 33 Weeks


How far along?
33 weeks! 

Maternity clothes?
Yes, and running low on my outfit choices. I have always hated duplicating outfits, but I don’t want to step foot in another “maternity section” to buy anything new. 

Sleep:
It depends. Sometimes, Marleigh decides she wants to be BFFs with my ribs, which is no bueno for sleeping. Other times, she uses my bladder as her personal trampoline – also causing issues in the sleep department. And sometimes, when she’s being nice, she lets me sleep straight through the night until around 5 AM. Those are the nights I look forward to! 

Best moment this week:
Going to get our Build-a-Bear stuffed with the recording of baby girl’s heartbeat inside. I love having my favorite sound available whenever I want now (and Luke pressed the paw to listen to it 3 times before bed the other night. How cute is he?) 

Miss Anything?
I really miss my pretty clothes, and cooler weather. Note to self: next time, try not to be 8 months pregnant in the heat of the summer! 

Movement:
Marleigh is still a squirmy worm! She jabs, twists, and swims around (with what little room she has left in there) almost all day. It can get pretty distracting when my entire stomach is wiggling around, especially when I’m trying to concentrate at work, but I wouldn’t trade feeling her move for anything in the world. It’s gotta be one of the best (and weirdest) feelings! 

Food cravings:
If I have a Pink Lemonade Arnold Palmer, all is right with the world. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope! 

Gender:
Girl! 

Labor Signs:
Nothing that I’ve noticed really. I have no idea what Braxton Hicks contractions feel like, but I think I might have experienced some small ones the other night. Not entirely sure though. Other than that, nadda. MJ still has a few weeks of cooking left to do until she’s ready to come meet us! 

Symptoms:
Some slight round ligament pain (not fun), swollen feet/hands, and I even feel like certain features on my face are swelling (where did these lips come from?!) 

Belly Button in or out?
Same ol’. 

Wedding rings on or off?
I’m still managing to keep my wedding band on! And hopefully will be squeezing my engagement ring on my sausage finger for our maternity photos this weekend. Here’s to hoping! 

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy! Although, the weepies caught up with me a little bit earlier this week after a somewhat overwhelming day. I managed, however, to dry it up and have a great evening with my hubby and my mom after. All’s well that ends well, right? 

Looking forward to:
Meeting this little peanut in a few short weeks! I’m also anxiously looking forward to our birth class this weekend – 9 whole hours of information and techniques to get MJ out safely! It will probably end up being completely terrifying, but it will be good to be able to see exactly what I’m in for with this whole labor business. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment