12.01.2011

Thankful Thursday



Today, I am thankful beyond words for my wonderful husband. Yesterday, I reached my breaking point with our wedding photographer. After four unmet deadlines to have our photos, at least five unreturned phone calls, many ignored text messages, emails, and Facebook messages, and being blocked from his personal Facebook page, I finally snapped. And I’m not talking snapping on an angry/enraged level. I snapped emotionally. This was the biggest day of our lives and we trusted him to capture the moments for us. We paid him a good deal of money for his professional services. And now we’re being completely and blatantly ignored. What gives?

I was on my way home from a long day of work, Luke had invited a friend over to our house last-minute, and I realized that I was supposed to go grocery shopping before going home. My mind was scattered in a hundred different directions. I was upset, frustrated beyond belief, and grocery shopping was just about the last thing I wanted to do.

Stuck in stop-and-go traffic and dealing with people who don’t know how to merge onto the highway, the frustrations of the day grew and grew and I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I broke down.

To make a long story short, I didn’t go grocery shopping... even though I really should have. When I started crying on the phone, Luke told me to just come home instead – where I was greeted by a giant hug, an “are you OK?,” a kiss, and an “I love you” – and that was all I needed.

So today, for my way longer than usual Thankful Thursday, I’m going to just leave it at this:

Today, I am thankful for my best friend. For the one person in the world who “gets me” 100%, who knows exactly what I need, whose hugs always make me feel better. I am thankful for his love, for his kindness, for his companionship. I am thankful that I will have him by my side for the rest of my life. I am thankful that we have the ability to lift each other up when we’re down, and bring each other higher when we're up. I am thankful for our love, and I thank God for making us "us" each and every day.


I love you, Luke. Thank you for being mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment