10.04.2011

Sick days are the pits.

Last night after work, I went "home" to Arcade for a hair appointment. Dfter, Luke met me at my parents' house to watch our favorite show, How I Met Your Mother. We ended up spending the night there, and fell asleep cozied up in the living room next to the fireplace. The sound of my husband quietly snoring in one ear and my dog snoring in the other is probably one of the most peculiar {also one of my favorite} lullabies.

I woke up this morning at around 4 with terrible stomach pains and couldn't fall back asleep for the life of me. So... I made the executive decision to take a sick day from work, and spent my morning in and out of short naps, watching the news in bed. Aaand now I'm sitting here bored out of my mind waiting for 6:00 to get here so Luke will be home from work to keep me company. Sick days aren't fun when you're actually sick and can't do anything.

Also... now that I'm a married woman, it's funny {slash annoying} how every time I don't feel good, people assume I must be pregnant. When I told my dad that I wasn't feeling well and wasn't going to work today, his first response was to ask me {surprisingly happily} if he was going to be a "grandpaw". No, daddy. Not yet.

Anyhoozer. Here's a quick recap on our life last week, since I've been terrible at updating this:

-We finally got luke a nice new car. A shiny silver 2012 Nissan Sentra. It's fancy.
-I found a way to bring in a little bit of extra cash on the side, which will hopefully build us a nice little savings account this year!
-I've been trying out new recipes {mexican chicken anyone?} and they (ok.. i've only tried 1 new recipe)... it was actually pretty good. Yay me
-Mother nature decided to finally give us fall weather, which means comfy sweaters and scarves all the time
-Also, my new boots that I just ordered today as a birthday gift from my parents. these little beauties will be at our doorstep soon and I can't wait to get them on my feet!
-My best friend is finally turning 21 tomorrow! Partay!
-The Bills are now 3-1, and we're still super psyched about it. We BILLieve.
-I'm a brunette again.

That's about it. I'm going to go watch Elf in bed now. Because it's October, which means it's also my birthday month {yes, i get an entire month}. And during my birthday month, I can do whatever I want. K bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment